Monday, November 2, 2009

In memory of my dad :)


My dad died last month, after beeing sick for some weeks, and it's been a sad time for all in the family. Because of the altzheimers, he didn't reckognize us anymore - not even knowing who he himself was or where he was, but he knew us as someone who cared for him and that he was surrounded by warmth all the time, up until the end. The pages above is from the front and back of the pamphlet for the funeral, with psalms inside. It's much more personal to make it oneself rather than having the funeral-bureau do it, - Like with the front and the berries he always used to fill up the freezer with in the early days.. And the back with the mountains and scenery as of Lofoten where he grew up. And I wrote a poem in memory of him, in wich I mention that we will remember him as he once was - before he got ill and forgot most things, - when he was as strong as the mountaingoat, a real 'king of the forest'.. And that he now is as 'free as the birds' from one of his favourite songs, but that we'll always miss him... ♥

PS: The pamphlet was created in word and paint, and the backgrounds is from different sets of gorgeous recycled letterpaper made by the company Hippopotamus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it and reading them is always a joy! ♥ Tindaloo aka. Hilde Larsen

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Regarding the new GDPR (Data Protection Policy): First of all, I do not collect any of your information for marketing purposes. But please make note that by commenting on my blog - or following my blog with any following application, or linking up your name in a blogcandy - you do so in knowledge that your name, avatar/image and comment are visible to me and all who visit this blog.

If you choose to enter any of my blogcandys/giveaways, you also give permission that if you win, I will write your name and link to your blog (if you have one) in my winner blogpost. If you don't wish me to do so, please do not enter. If you have been named a winner in a previous blogpost and wish to suddenly become anonymous - and deleted from that blogpost, please let me know. My email is listed on the about me page, and you may contact me on facebook as well.

You only consent to the use of this shared personal information for theese specific purposes.
But If you at any time decide you don't want this data shared please delete your blog from my followers list and any of your own comments/links if you do so wish.
Thank you ♥

For more infromation about the GDPR, here is a link about it: https://gdpr.eu