Sunday, December 14, 2014

Prove you're not a robot?... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just a little heads up! I just discovered I had gotten a reCAPTCHA  'prove you're not a robot' thingy in my comments form on my blog! It wants a Word Verification now! How annoying!!! Fiddled first with the settings - nope - even with allowing all to comment it was STILL there.. 
Searched for a solution and here it is: if you go to your settings and let the comment form be embedded (not pop up on a seperate little page if u had that) it works for some of us but not all blogspot users it seems! Worked for this blog :) Here is how to.
And blogger people ARE working to fix this recent issue... A quote from one of the forumposts there:
The unwanted CAPTCHA is the result of a coding / design mistake, that Blogger made earlier this week.  They are working on improving it.

The Real Blogger Status ›Confusion From Comments And The CAPTCHA Blogger Help Forum ›Getting Rid of reCAPTCHA ??  

I absolutely prefer the popup comment form as you can see the card while commenting. But until then alot of people aren't getting comments from DT's and friends on their blogposts and cards (most challengerules says to turn off verification) and many aren't aware they got a robot-thingy on their blog.. And as it is there because of a blogspot-bug not the blogger him/herself, please take the time and do the captcha verification when u comment, even if it's annoying, hopefully they will fix it soon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Update 12/12 14:00):  The CAPTCHA for moderated blogs should now behave as normal.  Non moderated blogs are still pending.

TangledBlueRose also has a good soloution which will work for some of us! Thanks :)  
If you are on Blogger and posting a comment on another Blogger, just do not enter the 'proof'. It lets you skip it and post the comment if you are Blogger to Blogger. Anything is worth a try :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the posting, annoying I agree. Also I have tried and learned from another Blogger: If you are on Blogger and posting a comment on another Blogger, just do not enter the 'proof'. It lets you skip it and post the comment if you are Blogger to Blogger. Anything is worth a try :)
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it and reading them is always a joy! ♥ Tindaloo aka. Hilde Larsen

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Regarding the new GDPR (Data Protection Policy): First of all, I do not collect any of your information for marketing purposes. But please make note that by commenting on my blog - or following my blog with any following application, or linking up your name in a blogcandy - you do so in knowledge that your name, avatar/image and comment are visible to me and all who visit this blog.

If you choose to enter any of my blogcandys/giveaways, you also give permission that if you win, I will write your name and link to your blog (if you have one) in my winner blogpost. If you don't wish me to do so, please do not enter. If you have been named a winner in a previous blogpost and wish to suddenly become anonymous - and deleted from that blogpost, please let me know. My email is listed on the about me page, and you may contact me on facebook as well.

You only consent to the use of this shared personal information for theese specific purposes.
But If you at any time decide you don't want this data shared please delete your blog from my followers list and any of your own comments/links if you do so wish.
Thank you ♥

For more infromation about the GDPR, here is a link about it: https://gdpr.eu